1. Scope of application and basic principles
We attach considerable importance to the protection of your personal data and we would therefore like to inform you of when we save which data and how we use such data.
In this regard we would first draw your attention to a number of basic points:
- These data privacy rules apply to all websites operated by International Insurance Company of Hannover SE (Inter Hannover). Personal data recorded through these websites are processed and used for specific purposes and in accordance with the provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
Personal data normally consist of specific information about your personal and material circumstances including, for example, your name, your address, your date of birth and your occupation as well as your state of health, your financial standing etc. All these particulars are subject to special protection under the BDSG, which we provide by means of technical and organisational measures.
- Your personal data are stored on specially protected computer systems.
- Processing and storage are carried out solely in accordance with the purpose for which you have provided us with such data. Our employees are obligated to maintain data secrecy pursuant to Section 5 BDSG. Service providers who collect, process or use personal data on our behalf are carefully selected and bound by contract with particular regard to the requirements of data privacy.
- Compliance with data privacy rules is overseen by a company data protection officer.
- The website of Inter Hannover may link to third-party websites to which these data privacy rules do not apply.
2. Collection and processing of your data
We collect your data in various ways:
Access data and server log files
We consistently strive to improve our Internet offerings and technically optimise their utilisation. To do this, however, we require information about the technical tools used to access our webpages. We save these data temporarily in so-called server log files.
The data saved here includes: The name of the requested webpage, the data and time of the request, the volume of data transmitted in each case, a report on whether the request was successful, which version of which browser was used, the user's operating system, the referrer URL (previously visited page) as well as the IP address and the provider.
Direct inquiries using contact forms or via e-mail
Inquiries that we receive via the message, order or feedback form or which you send directly to a contact person at Inter Hannover are forwarded as necessary by us internally within the company to the relevant responsible area. In this connection we only collect data that are required to respond to your inquiry or to send you information material (e-mail address, as appropriate name and postal address).
In view of our global presence, the responsible area within the company may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In this case too, however, your data are used solely to respond to your particular inquiry and in accordance with the relevant applicable statutory provisions.
Cookies are small files that we send through your Web browser to your computer's hard drive and which we can read during your current visit to our webpages and upon subsequent visits. Our cookies enable us to make the use of special functionalities available to you.
You can prevent cookies being saved by setting your browser software accordingly; we would, however, point out to you that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent.
You may, however, choose to systematically and completely prevent such logging of your visit to our website by Piwik. To make that choice, please click the following link.
You are currently opted in. Click here to opt out.
You are currently opted out. Click here to opt in.
Clicking the link will place an opt-out cookie on your computer that prevents logging of your data when visiting this website.
Please note: If you choose to delete all cookies on your computer through your browser, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted. In this case you will need to opt out again.
4. Disclosure of your data
We disclose personal data to third parties only on the basis of strict German data privacy regulations. Insofar as data are passed on to service providers and/or affiliated companies in the context of the processing of personal data on behalf of others, these parties too are bound by the requirements of the Federal Data Protection Act and other statutory requirements and they act solely at our direction.
5. Data security
We use technical and organisational safeguards to protect your data under our administration against random or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction as well as against access by unauthorised parties. Our security measures are subject to continuous refinement.
Thus, for example, all data that you transmit using the e-mail form on our website are encrypted to protect them against misuse by third parties. We currently use TLS (Transport Layer Security (formerly SSL, Secure Sockets Layer)) encryption as recommended by the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). We cannot, however, guarantee the security of data transmitted to us over the Internet.
6. Your rights
Various rights may be available to you under the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) with regard to the protection of your rights. These include, in particular:
- Right to request information pursuant to Section 34 (1) BDSG
- Right to rectification of your data pursuant to Section 35 (1) BDSG
- Right to erasure of data pursuant to Section 35 (2) BDSG
- Right to blocking of data pursuant to Section 35 (3) BDSG
- Right of objection pursuant to Section 35 (5) BDSG
- Right of revocation pursuant to Section 13 (3) Telemedia Act (TMG) and Section 28 (3a) BDSG
7. Our data protection officer
If you have any questions concerning the content of this Data Privacy Statement or concerning the preservation of your rights (see No. 7), please feel free to contact our data protection officer at any time.
Please use our contact form for this purpose: Send a message
Responsibility for the websites and as defined by the BDSG rests with:
International Insurance Company of Hannover SE
Tel. +49 511 5604-2909
9. Reservation of right of modification
We reserve the right to modify these data privacy rules at any time within the limits set by applicable laws.