Our Canadian branch commenced trading in 2011 and is licensed to write the following classes:
- Accident & Sickness
- Boiler & Machinery
- Aviation (including Space)
Other classes of business such as Political Violence do not have specific classification in Canada, but can be written under one of the relevant Canadian classes, such as Property or Liability.
Inter Hannover Canada, a Branch of International Insurance Company of Hannover SE, is licensed in all provinces of Canada and began writing business in Canada in 2011.
Our Canadian Branch is the first point of call for all Canadian business enquiries. We liaise closely with Inter Hannover UK and Hannover Re underwriters worldwide who have vast expertise and experience in many classes of insurance business.
Our approach is the same worldwide namely:
- Seek to support specialist Managing General Agents (MGAs) who have a niche insurance offering, who value long-term partnerships and have their own infrastructure to service their business needs
- Clearly define underwriting authority for each MGA to avoid competition between Inter Hannover MGAs
- Open to new ideas, lines of business, distribution channels, territories & markets
- Do not seek to compete with our MGAs throughout the Hannover Re Group
- Provide A rated security; in detail AA- ("Very Strong") S&P and A+ ("Superior") A.M. Best