Inter Hannover has been conducting business in Australia since 2005. Our Australian Branch office in Sydney was opened in 2008 to allow us to further develop agency business opportunities in the Australian market, and we remain authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
The Australian Branch is capitalised in Australia in accordance with the Minimum Capital Requirements imposed by APRA. For more information about APRA, please follow the link below
The Australian Branch also enjoys Inter Hannover's security rating, being AA- ("Very Strong") S&P and A+ ("Superior") A.M. Best.
We are selectively seeking to develop Agency business in Australia given the continued importance Australia plays as a market for Inter Hannover and the Hannover Re Group.
Our approach is the same worldwide namely:
- Seek to support specialist Agencies that have a niche insurance offering, who value long-term partnerships, and who ideally have their own infrastructure to service their business needs
- Clearly define underwriting authority for each Agency to reduce unnecessary inefficiencies
- Willing to consider new ideas, lines of business, distribution channels and markets
- Endeavour not to directly compete with our Agencies in a specific class of business within the Australian market
- Provide secure and highly-rated insurance paper
Our Australian Branch (via our Australian Agency Manager) is the first point of call for all Australian business enquiries. We work closely with Inter Hannover UK and Hannover Re underwriters worldwide, who have vast expertise and experience in many classes of insurance business and assist the Australian Branch with development and support of business opportunities.
The Australian Branch currently underwrites through a number of Agencies various classes of business including but not limited to:
- Heavy commercial business
- Professional indemnity
- Motor fleet
- Jewelers block